Back by popular demand!
Celebrate a Shabbat in Havana with a Jewish community that has been revived from near extinction and experience what it means to be Jewish today on this fascinating island bathed in history.
In addition to visiting all the iconic cities and sites that Cuba has to offer, enjoy unparalleled access to Jewish people and places.
- Walk through the city’s magnificent Old Jewish Quarter to Adath Israel, Havana’s traditional Orthodox synagogue.
- Tour the Patronato Synagogue and visit the buzzing Community Center, and Sunday school, and the legendary pharmacy housed in the Synagogue that serves all of Havana.
- Spend Shabbat morning at the Sephardic Hebrew Center, the only Sephardic synagogue in Havana, founded in 1954.
- Participate in a moving Havdalah service with nearly the whole Jewish community, followed by an exciting Israeli dance troupe performance by Cuba’s youngest Jews
Please consider a meaningful gift to help support The Joint’s rescue, relief, and renewal programs around the world.
* All trips are subject to change, with a maximum & minimum number of participants
You can learn more about The Joint Australia’s 2017 Cuba Trip here.